Well, now that Kaleo's off and running I have a little more to put on this blog.
Let's start with today. Today was our first day of classes; we're starting with spiritual formation. I think it's gotten of to a great start, but it doesn't feel much like a class so far. It's just kind of felt like a big sermon that we needed to take notes on. Oh well, I know it'll hit hard soon enough. It's good to start off with a class specifically to get us back on track with God, making all the other classes that much more important to us.
Anyways, dorm life has been pretty sick. Everyone in my room is a musician so I get lots of chill time jamming and whatnot. Also, most of the guys like to wrestle quite a bit, so I'm getting lots of good bonding time haha. Life at the new church is pretty good too. There's not a lot of things I'm going to be able to help them with except for music. I'll pretty much be playing every week I'm there, alternating between guitar, bass and djembe I think. They also don't have a youth group which is pretty weird but whatevs.
We also went on about a 30 km hike in Strathcona Park and up most of Mt. Albert-Edwards which was pretty sweet. Lots and lots of hard work but it was worth it; mostly for all the good memories our group had on the trip. Some of the stuff that happened was pretty crazy but all pretty cool at the same time. I can't say I'd do it again anytime soon but it was fun while it lasted.
What I'm really looking forward to now the most is definitely our SALTS trip and the snowboarding trip to Mt. Washington. Mostly because I haven't gone boarding in like 2 years and I miss it. I'm also really looking forward just to getting to know all the other Kaleo students here with me, especially the few I haven't talked to that much already. Also, a good thing I'm looking forward too is just really growing spiritually throughout this year, which is what I really need at this point. You could just say that there's not a lot I'm not looking forward too at this point :)
No comments:
Post a Comment