Thursday, February 17, 2011

Back Home Again

Well, it's been pretty long since my last post and lots has gone on that time. We finished up our camp ministry course, which was all right. Sid Koop and Scott Bayley were teaching it, but mostly Sid which was good. It was a lot of stuff I've already heard being at camp before. One of the projects was to plan our own retreat, which was pretty relevant because of what we'll be doing in Argentina. We have to plan, set-up and run our own weekend retreat for a bunch of third-culture kids. We've planned most of it now I believe, but there is always more that can be done. Hopefully it'll go pretty well and we'll be able to make a lot of good friends while we're there.

Speaking of Argentina, I had a pretty cool experience with my fundraising for it. Since the time we started our fundraising, I had the feeling that God was completely in control and He would provide all of the money for it that I need. I got a lot of questions about a backup plan if I couldn't raise all of the money, but I said I didn't need one. This led to a bit of frustration from the leaders because if I didn't raise all of the money, I wouldn't be able to go and I would be letting the team down. The day of the deadline came so I called the office and found out I was still $500 short of the goal. Naturally, I started to panic a bit and talked to a few people about it and tried to figure out what I could do for the rest of it by the time the camp office closed. By then I thought there would be a chance I wouldn't be able to go. Right at 5:30 when the office was closing, I got a call from Jim. Right away I thought it was him calling me telling me I was short money and couldn't go or something, but it was quite the opposite. He told me that I didn't need to raise any more money because our team had enough money now, and that we had something like $20 more than we needed. This was all pretty much at the last minute too I think. So I still get to go to Argentina without any more worries about money for it at all. It just goes to show, even when you're convinced you're screwed, God can still come save you right at the last moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment