This has been a pretty crazy week. I felt that God was going to show me something to do next year during the weekend of missions fest and he did. Through a couple of different thoughts and people I got the sense that I was being called to Africa next year. I got pretty excited and thought I'd pick the first opportunity I saw to go there, Ethiopia. However, that doesn't seem right anymore. I don't really know where exactly God wants me to go in Africa, but I'm willing to go pretty much anywhere if he calls me there. Africa obviously isn't the most well-off continent, so I'll just be in God's hands.
Anyways, we just finished our intro to theology class which was very interesting. We didn't learn a whole lot of information from the professor, it was mostly through discussion and debate, which took up the majority of the time. It was pretty cool hearing the different views everyone holds on different topics, but also figuring out where I stand on a lot of theological things. Our professor, Jim Paulson, is also pretty awesome. Unlike other professors we've had, he actually told us his position on everything and brought that into the discussion too. It was good to know what he believes and why so we can learn from him too. I look forward to the rest of the week and also the next class that is coming up - should be fun
africa is awesome and if you find any great opportunities then give me a shout cause i am looking for those too. Too man I wouldn't be overly worried about where God is calling you specifically. A fellow Kaleo told me he thinks the only plan God has for us is to love Him with all our heart and soul and mind and strength and love our neighbors. So as long as you are doing those things, the where and when won't matter so much. God has given you choice and freedom and however you use it to serve God and others is your gift to give and your blessing. Granted, God may bring you to a specific place for a specific purpose but God can worry about that stuff. You are awesome and have an awesome heart dude. The world needs people like you to go help the suffering and hurt with the hurting. Ask Jim Paulson how many condiments are in his fridge and then respond with "Choice". He is an amazing guy. Cheers bro.
ReplyDelete